Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The art of 'story teling'




How why when did I fall for you Again?!!! Same game different person. You’re charming. You’re smile makes the stars blush. My heart melts every time, thoughts of you flood my middle passage. Sensitive yet strong. Your word play is staggered and fluid. Thoughtful with your lies. Careful to set the mood. Making sure that I’m positioned just right. Oh, you smell so good!! Blinded by the smog of your words my sensitivity is heightened. I latch on to you. Strong grip. Connected to your hip. The palm of your hand is where I feast. You spun circles around me. I got trapped in your web. I didn’t care. Easy prey. Vulnerable, gullible, and fuckable. Just like you like it. I enjoyed it all. But these garments were stained before we met so one more was a form of art. I didn’t even notice the difference from yours and the others. I’m a prey collector. No shame in my walk. There’s shame in my acceptance. My worth has been torn apart and scattered. Mediocrity dressed up in high self- esteem. Picture that. Well you don’t have to picture it, just look at me. If you look closely in my eyes, you’ll see shadows of inkblots of the imperfection of my soul. My words have a melancholy note that strings perfectly with every story told. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, yet these eyes have never had the opportunity to behold. Just monsters in costume---Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment